I am supposed to tag 15 people--if you want to be in this meme, consider your self tagged.
(there is a part 2 coming tomorrow, the FugueState tells me.. well, I am telling you right now, I am passing on part 2!)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No—my mother had a policy (that I used too)--New Names for a new baby. None of my siblings were name after anyone (unless you count saints!)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Some time last week. (I read the news, but it often distresses me.)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? –my formal writing? YES. My casual writing (it’s illegible!) is ok.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I don’t eat meat at lunch time much—but lately I have been hankering for a nice liverwurst sandwich on rye with fresh onions.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2—both grown, and doing well. My son (& his family) in California, by daughter lives a few miles away.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, I think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Yes, (and I sometimes, I think I should feel guilty about it, but I don’t).
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes—its not a great body, but its intact.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No –I’ve used bungees a lot, and have seen them fail! I would never trust my life to a bungee cord.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Oat meal–steel cut, thick, with no milk. (I don’t much like milk on any cereals-hot or cold)
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No—not that I have many shoes with laces (though I have some with buckles, and I don’t unbuckle them)
12. YELLOW LIGHT: SPEED UP OR SLOW DOWN? Depends (slow down more often than not)
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla or vanilla with cinnamon added. (or coffee & I like that with cinnamon added, too!)
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hands.(And clothes, or if they are knitters, their knitting…)
15. RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I am too hard hearted. I need to be more generous, especially in spirit.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Living? My sister Geraldine (she lives in Tokyo, Japan) Deceased? My friend Joan, who was like a mother to me.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? Only if they want to--(and I didn't really want too (and won't complete part 2)
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? A skirt (black) and tan shoes.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? What ever they playing on WQXR (the radio station of the NYTimes, one of NYC’s classical music stations)
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Spices—and I like weird smells, like metalics (copper, and even the smell of sulfur (not a strong sulfur smell, but a subtle faint one—a faint smell of skunk is interesting.)
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My daughter Emily
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON/PEOPLE WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? –Never met in Real life, but I read her blog
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I don’t watch sports much…
26. HAIR COLOR? As a child it was blonde, but it faded to a dishwater (ash) and now it going grey… A nice silver grey, but still some dark ash so it’s a sort of salt and pepper.
27. EYE COLOR? Blue --pale, icy blue.
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I can’t stand the idea of putting something into my eyes.
29. FAVORITE FOOD? All! I especially like spicy foods—Asian, Indian, Mexican, African, and other spicy cuisines.
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I don’t like either/or choices.. and I like movies with ambiguous endings!o
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Chaos Theory
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black with embroidered flowers
33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall and spring
34. HUGS OR KISSES? Both…
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don’t care I think memes like this are trite.
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don’t care --(also see above)
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Nothing! I finished In Defence of Food, (Michael Pollen), last week. I have Angels and Devils (Dan Brown) to read, but haven’t started it yet.
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing. At work it’s plain blue, at home it’s plain black
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Law and Order (I am addicted to these shows).
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S). Music—just about every kind, (except jazz) City sounds; traffic, sirens, trains clacking along the tracks, horns (not too often or too loud!) and the sounds of nature.
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Either/neither.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Tokyo, Japan
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Aside from my general brilliance? No. Being brilliant is enough.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New York Hospital(68th and 1st), NY NY.
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? No ones in particular
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? Right now there is no significant other. I met my Ex at church (he’s still living and remarried), and Tony at work, (RIP, November ’03.)